Sunday, May 09, 2010

JDA Father's Day Card Competition

This is the 1st competition from JDA this year and is a Father's Day card.
This very challenging and it is not easy to think of what stamps, papers and embellishment to use.

Honestly, I used more than a week to think of the layout and the whole idea of it...like how to match...but when I started it, my sketch become useless as things keep changing and inspiration comes one after another one.

It is quite lucky that I got these stamp in time, and they are from JudiKins.

I don't know how many distress ink colours I have used, I have no idea that how many different colours of Tattered Angels that I have used too...is like cocktail mixing to me... :)

At last it so good to see the finished product...phewwww...

I coloured the butterfly with my favourite colour pencil Caren D'ache with Sansodor for colour blending.

I stamped the compass three times to make into 3 layers and each layer I sprayed with different colour of Tattered Angels.

Wording die cuts are from QuicKutz - Diesel.

The two wooden keys I bought it from China Town at one of the button shop. This shop is very interesting, they sell lots of different buttons, from metal to plastic, from plastic to metal...all come with different shapes. Do visit there when you have free time, you will definitely enjoy the shopping.

I used Distress Ink - Vintage Photo to colour the wooden keys and once they dried, I applied a layer of All Purpose Ink from Tsukineko to get the shimmering effect.

Making this card is not the matter to win the competition or not, it is my passion when making it. While I'm making it I think of my father, to me my father, he is a super hero. He is so special and a creative person. Of course not to forget me beloved mummy as well on this special Mother's Day, she is also a wonderful mother to me, without them I won't be able to enjoy my life now...

I love you Mum and Dad, miss you so much...♥♥♥

Stamp Used: Mount Vesuvius from Judikins
Compass from Judikins
Typewriter wording from Hero Arts
Butterflies from Hero Arts
You are Special from Hero Arts
Thank you from Penny Black
Paper used: Rustic from DCWV
Card Stock from DCWV
Letters: Diesel from QuicKutz
Colours: Distress Inks
Tattered Angels
Colour pencils

1 comment:

MagicBecky said...

Cool, it's amazing card. I like the idea how you put "I love Dad".