Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tutorial: Lighthouse Coaster

I had pasted the blank coaster with a blue pattern paper as a base and I used Mod Podge from Plaid to paste it.

This Stamping Image is from Stampendous, is an old edition and is quite hard to get now.  Actually this Lighthouse stamps are coming in a series but too bad I only managed to get this one and the only one.  I order this through JDA...

Material used: Distress Ink - Broken China (This is complimentary from JDA, I can't wait for their new order and Freddy just gave it to me...hee hee), Stencil and Sponge.
 
Position the stencil accordingly to your preference.

After that stained it with distress ink by using the sponge.

Here is it after finished with 4 corners.

I positioned the stamped image and glue it with Mod Podge.  I used the brush to spread the glue evenly.  After that I applied a few coat of Mod Podge directly onto the whole coaster and let it dry.

This is how it looks like when the glue dry.   It is waterproof and you can use it as a coaster now.




2 comments:

Ying Pang, said...

thank you very much for the tutorial, I can't believe the use of stencil is so much fun, and the mod podge too, i can't wait to get it now.

david santos said...

Fantastic posting, my friend, fantastic!
This work is Art! You are Master! Congratulations!