Friday, November 21, 2008

Distress Post-it Notes Holder

I like to use this distress technique again and let me show you how I did it.

Materials that you need to prepare are Rubber Stamp, VersaMark, paper, embossing powder, heat gun and distress inks.

This time I used 2 DesignBlocks from Hero Arts as the background stamp.  I tried with 2 different types of embossing powder, one is clear embossing powder from Hero Arts and another one is Kaleidoscope Transparent embossing powder from Stampendous.

Stamp the DesignBlocks with VersaMark on the piece of white sheet of paper.

Embossed it with clear embossing powder or any transparent embossing powder.

This is normal clear embossing...

And this is the effect from Kaleidoscope embossing powder.

Apply the distress ink directly on the embossed paper and you can use the sponge to spread the colors too.  


After the ink covered the whole piece of paper, I will sprayer to spray clear water onto the surface.

Use the cloth to dry the water and after that you may use the hear gun to dry the paper.  be careful when you use the heat gun, don't over heat otherwise it will overheat the embossed background.



Here are the two different DesignBlocks and embossing powder used.

Before place the post-it notes, I used the binding system from CarlaCraft to bind them together.  You may find out more about this binding system here.  I like this tools because it is not bulky and is very handy and easy to use. and I bought it from JDA (Junior De Artist).


Here is the final products...

You can try it out now...

4 comments:

Thatha said...

Geamys, what kind of paper u use? matt or gloss?

i like the effect of Kaleidoscope embossing powder, very nice^^

Thanks for your tutorial^^

Geamys said...

just a normal white paper weight between 160g to 200g. After I finished the distress ink I layer on a used 2007 calendar so that is more solid as a cover.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

What a super idea! I love the pads and I'm inspired to try it! Thanks!

ikki said...

What an interesting tutorial - thank you for sharing with us. I love the effect you have acheived. Ikki xx